Low North Park
Low North Park is located in an isolated valley to the north of Scarborough near the village of Harwood Dale. It is wholly owned by the club and is the venue for all SDMC events. The park is available for trials practise (for practise pass holding club members) all year round except when an event is being held.
If you're competing in an event, follow the road past the lower car park, over the bridge, up the hill and past the old motocross track on your left to the paddock. Administration (signing on and scrutineering), the cafe and toilet block are opposite the paddock entrance (see map). If practicing, you may park in either the lower car park, paddock or in one of the several lay-bys alongside the road. Please do not park on the grass - not only are you likely to get stuck but many of the verges are lined with large concrete "tank traps" (a legacy of the park's previous MOD owners), many of which are concealed by the undergrowth.
- The boundaries of Low North Park are the fence to the north and the river to the south (shown as a red dotted line on the map above). These eventually meet at the northernmost end of the park. You must not cross these boundaries.
- There is a speed limit of 10mph for all vehicles (including bikes) on the roads in the park. Be aware that people may unexpectedly appear in the road from the undergrowth at any time.
- If you let someone into the park using your key, it is your responsibility to allow them out again. Under such circumstances it is usually better not to let anyone in who doesn't have a key or is not apparently waiting for someone with a key and no club member should allow access to persons without a valid practice pass.
- Only current practice pass owners are allowed to use the park for practice. Practice passes must be displayed prominently on your bike at all times.
- Minors must be supervised by an adult member at all times.
- Club members riding without permission on land outside Low North Park and members assisting non-members to practice at Low North Park may have their membership terminated.